Cynthia Rowley Photo shoot

Posted on Monday, February 27, 2012

Exciting News! 
I had the amazing experience of pulling garments from Cynthia Rowley! When I got the green light from corporate, it made me so happy and excited! This was my first pull from a store and professional photo shoot. I used pieces from Resort 2012 and vintage ones as well. In a few pictures you will see me with my sunglasses and camera, ready to go! I had an exceptional time during this photo shoot! I wanted my viewers to see the intro from winter to spring here in Chicago, my models are in dresses with no coats yet there are icicles and snow on the ground. The vintage pieces are my mothers from 25 years ago, I treasure them because they are all so lovely and special. Cynthia Rowley clothing has always been unique and chic and I hope I portrayed this in my photo shoot. I met Cynthia Rowley in 2009 at her lecture with Nick Cave at the Merchandise Mart (see picture below). Since then she has been such an inspiration and favorite designer of mine. Cynthia Rowley started her line right here in Chicago in the 1980's, which is one of the reasons I chose to have some of the back drops the iconic Chicago buildings. Always click to enlarge the photos! I hope you guys enjoy this shoot!
 -Chloé Akari
This is Cynthia Rowley, Maddie (one of the models) and I in 2009!
  1. I love this post!!! Its now one of my favorites album you have put up. cant wait to see more of your work in the future. Love the outfits, back-drops, and photography!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just love the photos! thank you for liking and following my blog!! following back darling!! sweet kissess!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! You did a fabulous job of shooting Cynthia Rowley's amazing creations - I particularly love the vintage pieces, they're really something else :)
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. woo woo! amazing chlo if i do say so myself lol

    Sarah (yes the one in your photoshoot not some other random sarah)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so god damn official chloé! you are inspiring. I LOVE YOU
    -Lena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Cee, Sarah and Lena you guys are so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these dresses are incredible. as are those black wedges. love!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow great photoshoot you did in 2009... :) Great modelling skills. Oh hey, yes we are the same age, and have similar dreams. Follow*. :)
    Much love, Gabriele. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey chwloe loving the look. my fave look is the leather shell duty, i am goin to get it and my fave pics are the one of tori with the sun shining between her arms and the back of maddie get photography love it darling. you go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice photos!!!

    http://www.fashionindahat.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Danielle p, Gabriele, Anonymous, and Alessandra Mazzi! I'm glad you guys love the clothes/ shoot and my photography! That makes me really happy, visit again soon!
    xo
    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this tons!!!!!!!! love every picture

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you Anonymous, that is so sweet!

    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete