Fleurotica 2013

Posted on Sunday, June 16, 2013

Hey guys!
On Wednesday I went to a fashion show called Fleurotica! It was a show all done in flowers and the designers were all florists from around Chicago. The show was held at the Museum of Contemporary Art. There were many people dressed up in fun colors and flowers in their hair. I was the only one with a flower crown surprisingly. I made a flower crown that had little white roses and lilacs on it. (see the last pictures) I wore an Arc and Co. dress, Jeffrey Campbell Nightwalks and my crazy jacket from Paris. I had lots of fun seeing all of the beautiful works of art that was transformed into gowns and outfits. The show reminded me of an episode of Project Runway, where they had to use only plants and flowers for the challange, I loved it! I hope to see it again next year. My favorite looks are the first three girls that are shown below. They are so beautiful and should really be preserved if possible. I hope you all enjoy the fleurs!
xo,

-Chloé Akari































 

  1. such beautiful flowers, love all of the outfits.
    -cici

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were you invited to this event or did you just decide to go? It is so cool that you get to go to things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Repurposedly and CM, you're so sweet!
    Repurposedly, I was invited. Then I got my self a press pass to post about it on my blog.

    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am glad a lot of people enjoyed the show. This was my 4th year doing it and I always enjoy watching my work down the runway.

    Luz Cardenas CFD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great!I am glad you like to design for this show, I loved the beautiful pieces!

    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete