SAIC Collection 2012: Chloé Akari

Posted on Friday, December 21, 2012

Hello!
Well, well, well! 
School is finally over and now we start break! Anyways! I have been taking a course at the SAIC this fall and winter taught by Cheryl Pope. We made two different looks during the course. For our first project we were given a plain white T-shirt and the task to create a self portrait. We draped for quite some time and then I decided to finally after a million tries to make a skirt. Yes, a skirt. As you can see below it turned out pretty cool and it is very wearable. I was inspired by this black and white picture of a woman putting on makeup. It was soft but a powerful picture. I promise there will be more pictures of this look soon! Then our second piece was made from a mens suit. I decided to make the mens pants a top and the jacket a skirt. I think that this look that I made is a bold and strong look. Maddie looks like she is fierce and almost warrior-like. I had such a fun time in my class and loved creating from the interesting challenges. The runway show was in the SAIC ballroom which is a really lovely place! It went very smoothly and there was no mishaps on the runway which was a super +. Maddie did an amazing job modeling for me on the runway and during the photo shoot, thank you Maddie! I was so happy that seven of my great friends could come and support me, my lucky number seven... Thank you Sarah, Lena, Sonia, Allee, Ariel, Olivia and Maddie, I love you all! Special thank you to Cheryl Pope (the best teacher). I hope you can enjoy my pictures and designs! 
xo
-Chloé Akari

Location: The School of the Art Institute Chicago 
Runway Photographers: Lena and Auntie Margret 
Photo shoot Photographer: Chloé Akari
Designer: Chloé Akari






















  1. belle. so nice that you have a great pack of friends.Are these your best friends they should be models?!?!?! l'amour de votre collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take the middle school program and I was at this show. I have to say your looks (especially your suit look) were my absolute favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys so much! Anonymous and Cassidy! They are my best friends! Cassidy you should have introduced your self, I know you are a regular on my blog. If you see me around the SAIC say hey.
    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are so pretty! Great designs love! keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Origina blogggg!!! You can follow me in www.jesuisvoila.com!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was the one who said "I like your collar" as you were leaving Chloe... You also came and talked to my camp on our last day over the summer at SAIC...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Anonymous, Voila, and Cassidy! Cassidy, I remember that was a very nice comment! Well I am glad you keep coming back to my blog after my presentation and I am also glad you started one up yourself!
    -Chloé Akari

    ReplyDelete